Having played with the Thesis framework for a couple of weeks, I thought it was time to a few ambitious tweaks that you can now see.
It hasn’t all gone smoothly. Changing the stylesheet can result in things just looking wrong, but once you start messing with the function files, well your site can simply disappear.
But I’ve got there in the end. The comments link has gone from under the post headline and now appears in the speech bubble on the right. The date has also moved to the tab on the left. That was a bit tricky and had me scratching my head for a while, but I finally managed it.
I’m particularly pleased with the Flickr, Facebook and RSS buttons next to the search box as this is the first time I’d had a go at using sprites.
This means using a single piece of artwork that includes the two different states of each button. Meanwhile, the sprites rush around at the speed of light to make sure the right one is peeping out of the correct window at the right time.
At WordPress, they say that code is poetry. I think it’s black magic.