Here’s a cheery little number — my predicted death date from the Death Clock — still, I suppose another 36 years or so is not to be sniffed at. As long as I don’t waste too much of it wandering the worldwide weirdness. Which I did today.
The local paper’s www feature pointed me at Yahoo’s top 100 weird sites and there were quite a few thousand seconds of sand lost to the bottom of the hourglass as I surfed. My favourites in no particular order are:
- The Dull Men’s Club “Warning — this web site contains no violence or scary scenes.”
- Trepanning “The Cornish parish state so isolated, it lies on its own outskirts.”
- Maggot Art Ugggh-ly beasties, but pretty pictures.
- Brick Testament the Bible illustrated with Lego
- Eugene Mirman childish renditions of well-known songs. Decidedly strange.
- Engrish how the language is mangled by foreign folk. Honestly, you give them the words and they make a right pig’s ear of ’em.
- Tulzscha the outer god who, when summoned, will consume the inhabitants of earth. But, at least if you join, you’ll be the After Eight next to the coffee.
- Weird inventions incredibly stupid patents.
- AchieveImmortality.com this bloke thinks he can sell me immortality which given the Death Clock may not be a bad investment.