I’ve taken advantage of them for the last two years and seen many places not normally open to the public, like the ruins of Dukinfield Old Hall pictured above.
The event runs over four days from 8th to 11th September and so far on my list I’ve got:
- Behind the scenes at the People’s History Museum
- Greater Manchester Police Museum
- Emmeline Pankhurst’s House
- A close-up of the John Ryland’s Library collection of ancient manuscripts
- The 15th century Mottram Parish Church
- Elizabeth Gaskell’s house
- The Moravian Settlement in Droylsden
- Museum of Transport
I’d quite like to see Dukinfield Old Hall again, but I’d don’t think I’ll be able to fit it in this year.
If you’re interested in finding out what is on in your area, visit the Heritage Open Days website.