I’ve been humming and ahhing about whether I should write about my feelings on the anachronism that is the monarchy, but that would be churlish on HMtQ’s diamond jubilee, even if that’s what prompted the thought in the first place.
So instead here is a list of things I hope to do one day, shamelessly lifted from Pinterest:
- Buy a horse. Name it ‘Thunder Takes the Lead’. Enter it in horse races.
- Become a doctor. Change my last name to Acula.
- Make vanilla Angel Delight. Put it in a mayo jar. Eat with a spoon in public.
- Buy a parrot. Teach it to say ‘Help! I’ve been turned into a parrot!’
- Change my name to Simon. Speak in third person.
- Get a walk-in wardrobe. Design the inside to look like Narnia.
- Purposely spell words slightly wrong and add them to the office Microsoft Word dictionary.
- Run into a shop and ask what year it is. When someone answers, shout ‘It worked!’ and run out cheering.