I’m not usually one for those memes that do the rounds in blogtopia, but I saw this one that Sue completed over at Our New Life in the Country yesterday and thought I’d give it a go:
1. Do you like blue cheese?
I’m not a big fan of cheese, especially the smelly ones, but I do like homemade blue cheese burgers.
2. Have you ever smoked?
Yes and still do. Why do I feel the urge to apologise for that?
3. Do you own a gun?
No – it’s not something that is encouraged in the UK, but even if it was I wouldn’t.
4. What flavour of Kool Aid is your favourite?
I’m not totally sure what Kool Aid is – something like Band Aid? But if you mean the other pop variety, then probably dandelion and burdock.
5. Do you get nervous before dental appointments?
I used to have a real phobia about it, but I’ve been going to the same excellent dentist for a long time so I’m pretty relaxed about it these days.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
Only to be eaten at football matches with onions and mustard.
7. What’s your favourite Christmas movie?
The 1951 version of Scrooge with Alastair Sim in the starring role – for me the definitive version.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Breakfast tea with a spoonful of clear honey.
9. Can you do push-ups?
Possibly, but I’m not willing to find out.
10. What’s your favourite piece of jewellery?
The ring that my grandfather was given on his 21st birthday – sadly it was stolen and I miss it aa lot.
11. What’s your favourite hobby?
Photography – something I need to make more time for.
12. Do you have A.D.D.?
My wife would say yes – she claims I just nod and say ‘hmmm’ but never actually listen.
13. Do you wear glasses or contacts?
I’ve worn glasses since I was a child, in theory for reading and close stuff, but I wear them all the time.
14. What’s your middle name?
Jeremy. When I was young, the only Jeremy I knew of was the Sugar Puffs bear.
15. What are your thoughts at this moment?
I’m thinking of the game I’m playing because I’m listening to other people online even as I write this.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly consume.
Breakfast tea, iced coffee and… that’s about it.
17. What is a current worry of yours?
Whether we will have everything ready for Christmas. There is so much pressure to get everything right.
18. What do you currently hate?
I can’t say I genuinely hate anything, more irritated than anything else.
19. Where is your favourite place to be?
20. What do you plan on doing on New Year’s Eve this year?
We will be in Edinburgh at the Concert in the Gardens with my wife a both grown-up kids. I’m looking forward to it… I think.
21. To where would you like to travel?
At this moment, to visit friends in Las Vegas.
22. Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their blog?
Not a clue, but if they do I hope they will let me know.
23. Do you own slippers?
Yes, my wife bought me a pair last Christmas – but I never wear them.
24. What color shirt are you wearing?
A subdued orange with black trim.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I can’t say I’ve ever had that pleasure. Aren’t they a bit slippery?
26. Can you whistle?
Yes, but tunelessly.
27. What is your favourite colour?
I’ve never really thought about it – depends on the context I suppose.
28. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don’t – I listen to talk radio.
29. Would you be a pirate?
Yes – I can see myself as the swashbuckling type.
30. What’s in your pocket right now?
A handkerchief and an old shopping list.
31. What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
My wife, and I mean that in a good way. We talk and joke quite a lot.
32. What vehicle do you drive?
A three year old Ford Fiesta that bought second-hand in the summer.
33. What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
Touch wood, I’ve never had a broken bone, except maybe a badly damaged thumb playing foottball.
34. Do you love where you live?
It’s where I live and it is has pretty much everything I need, so I guess the answer is yes, but that doesn’t stop me day-dreaming about living somewhere else.
35. Would you change your first name if you could?
I would change my name to Donald Trump, but only if I could have his money.
By the way, is meme pronounced ‘meem’ or ‘me! me!’?